What is a Doula?
Doula comes from a Greek word that means “a woman who serves” or “handmaiden.”
What do I do as a Doula?
As a professional birth doula, I accompany women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience. I draw on my knowledge and experience as a doula and mother to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with other caregivers to make sure that you have the evidence-based information you need to make informed decisions as they arise during pregnancy, labor and birth.
During pregnancy, I assist the mother with discovering her concerns and preferences about childbirth, can aid in writing a birth wishes and preferences list to share with care providers, and can suggest holistic and natural remedies to relieve minor pregnancy discomforts. I provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner (if applicaple), make suggestions for labor progress, and provide comfort measures through relaxation, massage, acupressure, positioning and other techniques.
I am independent and self-employed. As your doula, I am working for YOU, not your caregiver or hospital.
I offer a free, no-obligation interview and consultation. This is an opportunity for us to get acquainted and for you to ask any questions you may have.
- Unlimited phone and e-mail support throughout pregnancy/postpartum
- Monthly prenatal appointments
- On-call availability
- Continuous support during labor/birth
- 1-2 hours of assistance immediately following the birth, including help establishing breastfeeding
- One postpartum visit with further postpartum services available.
Additional “A La Carte” Services:
- Birth Photography
- Placenta Encapsulation, Prints, Tinctures, etc
- Bengkung Belly Binding
- Birth Art Sessions
- Optimal Fetal Positioning Sessions (for posterior, breech, etc)
- Birth Planning Sessions
- Newborn Photography
Contact me at maloryteegarden @ gmail.com
Or my contact page
Or view my doula match profile
More links on Doulas and benefits: